Sunday, July 09, 2006

Hearing Voices



This story from last year deserves a bump....



Zidane says mysterious voice guided his comeback decision


PARIS, Aug 8 (Reuters) - Zinedine Zidane says a mysterious voice inspired his decision to play for France again.

"One night, at three in the morning, I woke up suddenly and then, I talked to someone," Zidane tells French magazine France Football in an interview to be released on Tuesday.

"That person really exists but it all comes from very far. And then, during the hours that followed, I took the decision to come back".

The three-times World Player of the Year, who won the World Cup in 1998 and the European championship two years later, had announced his retirement from international football after Euro 2004.

The 33-year-old's comeback decision came as surprise after he had said several times over the past few months that he would not change his mind.

"I was dumbfounded before that force that was guiding my behaviour and I had something of a revelation," Zidane told France Football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home