Monday, August 22, 2005

Aging

Relatives came to visit from New York. My aunt is starting to look like my late grandmother.
Same features, mannerisms, everything -- and soon to be same in age, too. Also scary was visiting my other grandmother. I think her hands are getting slight trembles that she hides by sitting on them. Her always healthy body is struggling to keep up with her age, andshe is struggling to make peace with it.

I wonder how I would react to being in her shoes? I cannot stand the idea of being restricted physically, a dislocated shoulder making its presence known to me daily.

I miss my grandparents cutting apples for me during green summers.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger NafNaf said...

I think about this more and more as my eyes approach the threshold between "needs glasses to see far away" and "needs glasses to see across the dinner table". *sigh*

 
At 11:46 PM, July 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the way you think about these things. Ideas with which we all have to ultimately make peace. Or we can chose not too...but spend our energies fighting them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home